The charming seaside town of Gopalpur-on-Sea in Odisha sits right by the majestic Bay of Bengal away from the chaos of the cities. There are several things to do and places to visit in and around Gopalpur.-on-Sea with the tourist attractions including scenic picnics spots, religious shrines, beautiful natural hot springs and even wildlife sanctuaries. Listed below are some popular things to do in Gopalpur-on-Sea.
1. Visiting the beautiful Chilka Lake which is a large saltwater lagoon that is noted for bird watching, water sports and fishing is one of the major attractions in this area and can appeal to every member of the family.
2. The natural hot sulphur springs of Taptapani are known to have medicinal properties and are a must visit.
3. The thriving town of Berhampur nearby is popular for its delicious pickles and hand woven Tassar silk textiles.
4. Sitting serenely atop a hill, Taratarini Temple is a majestic place of pilgrimage amidst picturesque surroundings.
5. Rushikulya Muhana is a nesting site for Olive Ridley sea turtles which come here in huge numbers and are a huge appeal to wildlife enthusiasts.
Where to Stay
Mayfair Palm Beach Resort, Gopalpur-on-Sea. (A lovely beachfront resort amidst exquisite environ
s set in the quiet and quaint beach town of Gopalpur-on-Sea)