The scenic hill station of Kalimpong sits across a ridge that stands over the meandering Teesta River in the state of West Bengal. It is one of the most charming hill stations in India. There are several things to do in Kalimpong of which the best have been lifted below.
1. Durpin Hill: Durpin Hill offers commanding views of all the surrounding hills and makes for a nice getaway to escape to with friends and family while enjoying nature.
2. Deolo Hill: Deolo Hill has a sprawling park with beautiful views of the hills, the Teesta down below and the town of Kalimpong itself.
3. Pine View Nursery has an intriguing selection of a wide variety of cactus, succulents and ornamental plants.
4. Zang Dhok Palri Monastery: Zang Dhok Palri is a wonderful Tibetan monastery which has in its confines very rare Buddhist manuscripts and offers good views as well.
5. Mangal Dham: Mangal Dham is a temple complex that is dedicated to Lord Krishna and located in the heart of Kalimpong itself and makes for a captivating visit.
6. Local Market: The local market is a wonderful way to experience Kalipmpong as it has several nice little eaters for momos and chow and also has shops selling the local cheese and trinkets of all kind to take as souvenirs.
Where to Stay
MAYFAIR Himalayan Spa Resort ( A hillside luxury heritage property affording the most exquisite views of the Himalayan mountain peaks)