Odisha is home to immaculate natural beauty, superb cultural diversity and a booming urban sector. There are beautiful beaches, magnificent temples and modern towns. The top 10 tourist places to visit in Odisha are listed below.
1. Jagannath Temple: The exquisite Jagannath Temple is a major pilgrimage destination for Hindus in the sacred town of Puri and is a part of the “Char Dham” pilgrimages.
2. Sun Temple: The Sun Temple at Konark is a well-known UNESCO World Heritage site. The inspiring architecture which has been built in the shape of a giant chariot is a stunning sight to behold.
3. Lingaraja Temple: The Lingaraja Temple is one of the oldest and largest temples in Bhubaneswar and is also one of the major tourist attractions of Odisha.
4. Puri Beach: The vastly popular Puri Beach witnesses marvellous sunrises and sunsets over the Bay of Bengal.
5. Chilka Lake: One of the major tourist attractions near Puri is the beautiful Chilka Lake which is a large saltwater lagoon that is noted for bird watching, water sports and fishing.
6. Dhauligiri Hills: In the outskirts of Bhubaneswar lie the Dhauligiri Hills which is a sacred pilgrimage site for the Buddhists and houses a stupa and rock edicts.
7. Hanuman Vatika: Hanuman Vatika houses temples set amidst gardens and also has a tall statue of Lord Hanuman. When sightseeing in Rourkela, it is one of the best places to visit.
8. Taratarini: Perched on top a hill, Taratarini Temple is a beautiful place of pilgrimage amidst scenic surrounds.
9. Gopalpur Beach: With a stunning lighthouse and superb waves and secluded location, Gopalpur Beach is a delightfully serene and peaceful beach.
10. Konark Beach: Konark Beach is one of the finest and most picturesque of beaches in Odisha.