Puri is a well known pilgrimage town in Odisha located right by the Bay of Bengal. Puri is only just a short and pretty drive away from Bhubaneswar – the capital of Odisha. There are several captivating and interesting things to do in Puri for visitors which appeals to both the young as well as the adults. Some of these top attractions and places to visit in Puri are given below:
1. The Jagannath Temple in Puri is a major pilgrimage destination for Hindus and is a part of the “Char Dham” pilgrimages.
2. Puri Beach is bustling and happening beach with absolutely wonderful views of the vast Indian Ocean.
3. Chilika Lake is another major tourist attraction near Puri and is known for beautiful scenery, bird watching, water sports and fishing.
4. Shree Lokanath is an 11th century temple which is dedicated to Lord Shiva and is a must visit.
5. Chandrabhaga Beach is a very beautiful beach near Puri. On Magha Saptami day, people come in large numbers to take a holy dip here.
6. The Sun Temple of Konark which is near Puri is a famous UNESCO World Heritage site with impressive architecture.
Where to Stay
MAYFAIR Waves, Puri (A chic boutique resort located right on the popular Puri Beach offering excellent views and luxury accommodation)
MAYFAIR Heritage, Puri (A lovely luxury beach resort with spellbinding views of the Bay of Bengal in the sacred seaside pilgrimage town of Puri)